I would like to concentrate in this blog post on one issue:
- credentials of "Dr." Richard Hamill who was invited into the rural upstate Delaware County to run his "experimental program" of "treatment" of "juvenile sex offenders"; and
- a consummate shopper;
- a connoisseur of Scotch whiskey;
- a man who emerged from a crucible of marriage with a soft glow;
- a consultant to "various entities within the criminal justice system" (an expert to prosecution at sex offender criminal trials - which requires neutrality);
- a promoter of community safety (an advocate - doesn't mesh with expert neutrality);
- a leader in creation and management of:
- community task forces;
- community service boards;
- community programs;
- professional organizations - one of them was a child victim advocacy organization "Start Children's Center"
- ascertained convictions for sex offenses by his testimony, thus cornering his market for treatment;
- got to treat convicted sex offenders on probation - and got to send those who did not want to get treated (because legally they were not sex offenders or because they could not afford treatment at $600 a pop from the "consummate shopper" "Dr" Hamill);
- got to treat "child victims" of sex offenders.
According to Kirkwood, Hamill was the ultimate authority and the best expert in the far and wide of the State of New York on the issue of treatment of sex offenders.
Yet, there are sources that would disagree.
In 2009, the New York State Court of Appeals reversed a criminal conviction of a doctor from Albany, New York because of "Dr" Hamill's testimony. The sentence that was overturned because of "Dr" Hamill's inappropriate testimony was 48 years (!).
Reportedly, a defense expert in the above case basically called "Dr" Hamill, a "child advocate/expert for hire for the prosecution/treater of resulting convicted sex offenders" as a charlatan whose feet need to be put on fire.
Imagine that you are choosing a healthcare provider for treatment of your child.
Will you use for that purpose:
- a spender (here your fee for "services" is skyrocketing);
- a drinker;
- a philanderer;
- and an unscrupulous man who peddles his alleged "neutrality" while drumming up false convictions to get to treat both the alleged perpetrator and the alleged victim
And I did not even start to describe the actual sex offender treatment that Porter Kirkwood subjected foster children to - at taxpayers' expense.