- socialize there with people from across the world,
- read news in my customized feed,
- do research there as to development of the legal services industry in the U.S. and in my native Russia,
- share results of my research with opinion leaders in the field of the research etc.
- post links on my own page;
- post and comment in groups, including my own;
- create groups.
Other people might need to go to work in the morning and for the remainder of the weed and may not have an opportunity to reach a cell phone-accessible area for a week or more.
- ability to form groups;
- ability to post in groups;
- ability to comment on posts in groups;
- ability to post links - in groups and on your own page.
- I was put into a Facebook jail on February 7, 2020 until Valentine's day, February 14th, no explanation, why;
- The jail time was extended to February 18, no explanation, why;
- On February 18 I was allowed to post again;
- On February 19, 2020 the ban was reimposed until February 26, 2020 - no explanation, why.
- You are not told what you did wrong - which makes a restriction a pure, and arbitrary, punishment without any possibility that a person so punished "will learn a lesson" and be "deterred" in the future from committing the same supposed "violation" - since the person in question does not know what it is that he/she has supposedly violated in the first place;
- You are also not allowed to have your "day in Facebook court", the famous "notice and opportunity to be heard" as a matter of due process - no, you are offered a window to report if "that was a mistake", but - guess what - your reporting is now BLOCKED by Facebook.
After I clicked "Send", this window has popped up:
So, Facebook pretends it gives people an opportunity to report if their activities on Facebook were restricted by mistake, in order to show authorities that they have reporting procedures in place - but it is a lie, since that function is at the same time BLOCKED by the same Facebook.
And this is a not so funny way of Facebook to troll those who it harasses and tries to weed out on political grounds.
After FB blocked me from posting in one of my own groups - from greeting new members, no less - it offered me this interesting message.
Oh, leaving so soon?
Without finishing your post even - that we do not allow you to post? What a pity! See you later etc....
- there is no explanation given by Facebook to the holder of the account for Facebook-imposed restrictions of his/her activities on Facebook;
- there are no effective means to cancel that decision:
- no live person to talk to in writing or orally;
- the means of reporting a problem/appealing offered by Facebook itself blocked by the same Facebook.
- Gun rights;
- Movement to have NY Governor Cuomo impeached;
- Movement to have NY State split into several states;
- A group in support of President Trump.
- Groups fighting wrongful convictions in the US and in Russia;
- Groups fighting CPS fabrications against parents in the US.