Once one dons a black robe, one loses his or her brain, knowledge, competence, morality and integrity (if they had it in the first place).
And one can do wonders.
And one does.
And one has the power to hide one's wonderful wonders, like a dog who pooped on the carpet.
Only, unlike the dog who pooped and hid his poop, one also gets a right to punish anybody who finds his poop and shows it to others.
One gets to make everybody to acknowledge that one's poop is not poop at all, but it is perfume that smells like roses.
And ones has the power to put in jail those who insist that poop is poop and it stinks.
And how do those wonders happen?
Here is the scenario.
The nominee for the New York State Court of Appeals Judge Eugene Fahey sealed the following records - and sealed the very order sealing them. Judge Fahey and his co-judges sealed:
- A case decided by the United Nations court for violation of the International Convention of Political and Human rights - Gryb v. Belarus;
- A case decided by the European Court of Human rights - Kabanov v. Russia
- List of countries - members of European Union
- Trial rules of New York Surrogate's Court
- Several court orders from several cases on file with Delaware County Supreme Court are now sealed
- A court order and a transcript on file in Delaware County Surrogate's Court are now sealed
- A court order on file in Otsego County Surrogate's court and Attorney General's office are now sealed
- A court order from the New York County Supreme court is now sealed
- Multiple orders and records on file with the NYS Appellate Division Third Judicial Department
- Multiple records filed with federal courts and accessible on Pacer.gov
- Multiple articles from Albany Times Union (which are still on the Internet), all about public corruption, are now sealed
- Multiple articles from New York Times and other news sources, all about public corruption, are now sealed
- My own attorney registration is now sealed
- Biography of judge Carl F. Becker on the website of NY Court administration is now sealed for me (while remaining in public access on the Internet to the whole wide world)
- Biographies and attorney registration information of judges of NYS Appellate Division Third Judicial Department are sealed
- Information web pages of Onondaga County Family and Supreme Courts are now sealed
- A deed where Judge Becker sold his law office to the local prosecutor John Hubbard is now sealed
- The list of members of the New York State Commission for Judicial Conduct is sealed
- A decision of NYS Commission of Judicial Conduct removing from the bench a judge for fixing a traffic ticket for another judge's wife is sealed
- Printouts from the website of a law firm where that former and disgraced judge was embraced (in a law firm employing close relatives of a state and a federal judge) are now sealed.