The story about Cuomo bribing Stein with a promotion was published on this blog in 2014. Since then, I was stripped of my law license, and Stein's court refused to hear my constitutional appeal that it had to hear by statute.
I considered Cuomo's nomination of Stein between the time she heard and decided an appeal by Cuomo subordinate agency, as a bribe to Justice Stein and asked Preet Bharara to investigate the case and prosecute it.
I never heard from Preet Bharara's office after I filed my complaint in 2014.
Today, I filed a FOIA request for the results of the investigation, and for the entire investigative file (2.5 years is more than enough to conclude an investigation where the bribery and the resulting case-fixing was apparent on its face and well documented), and a demand for Preet Bharara, as U.S. Attorney General investigating crimes in the upper echelon of the New York State Government, to turn my complaint for further investigation of the federal grand jury.
Since the screen scans allow only a very small font, here is the same FOIA request/demand, in a bigger font:
- Andrew Cuomo is the Chief Executive Officer of the State of New York;
- Andrew Cuomo is vested with power to nominate judges to the New York State Court of Appeals;
- Andrew Cuomo's subordinates, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, were litigating a case against my husband and myself, and our appeal from the lower court was heard, but not decided by the Appellate Division, 3rd Judicial Department, with Judge Leslie Stein as a presiding judge of the panel.
- The outcome of the case could lead to vacatur of multiple criminal convictions and civil fines against New York landowners;
- After the appeal was heard by Judge Leslie Stein, but not yet decided by her, Governor Cuomo, Chief Executive Officer of the State of New York, nominated Judge Stein to the New York State Court of Appeals; such a job had sufficiently higher prestige, power, salary and benefits, and post-retirement employment opportunities for Judge Stein than her job as the judge of the Appellate Division;
- Less than a week after the nomination was announced, Judge Leslie Stein ruled for Andrew Cuomo's subordinates in our case, disregarding the law, as the complaint explains.
Whether Preet Bharara completed the investigation or not, whether he did any investigation of my complaint or not, and whether he does or does want to turn the case over for the action of a federal grand jury, existing legal mechanisms give me a standing to file a lawsuit in federal court to compel Preet Bharara to turn the case into the grand jury.
For that reason, I first filed a demand with Preet Bharara to turn the case into the federal grand jury.
If that is not done within a reasonable time, I have a right to sue Preet Bharara, to compel presenting the case to the federal grand jury.
I have filed the FOIA request/demand by e-mail, to have an electronic evidence that the FOIA request/ demand to turn the case into the grand jury was filed.
I will publish any responses to my FOIA request/demand.