for organizing persecution if a journalist and his attorney (complete with harassment, intimidation, illegal arrest and detention in two jails without proper clothes, food, hydration, medical attention or accommodation required by the Americans with Disabilities Act for the disabled attorney and veteran, complete with illegal grand jury indictment).
See Parts 1 through V on the right in the list of blogs for this month.
When you review stories, witness accounts, public records CLEARLY pointing at public corruption of a high-ranking public official, and especially a judge, a person who has been chosen by her people to actually ENSURE justice instead of corrupting it - I always have a question to corrupt judges, even after years of reporting on the issue of judicial corruption - WHY?
Why are you doing it?
What drives you?
You do not have enough money? But you do.
You do not have enough power? But you do, too.
Why do you want, into the bargain, to break your constitutional oath of loyalty to the law and steal, break the law and abuse your power to destroy the law and people's trust in integrity of our court system?
Why, Judge Brenda Weaver?
Of course, part of the answer lies in the fact that judges gave themselves an absolute immunity for malicious and CORRUPT acts on the bench - and expanded that illegal court decision to cover everything and anything, in and out of court, including actions of non-judicial personnel of courts.
And, of course, another part of the answer lies in the fact that judges regulate attorneys, and, thus, block any hope for independent advocacy and challenge of judicial corruption in court. Try being brave and raising judicial corruption when the very person you are challenging have your own livelihood in his hands.
There are such kamikazes still, and things do not end well for them, believe me, I am collecting statistics of judicial retaliation from across the country for several years now.
But, another BIG part of the problem is that - despite all declarations that judges are sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution, and that in that U.S. Constitution there is a clause prohibiting establishment by the government of titles of nobility - the judiciary IS that nobility.
A self-appointed one, and in more senses than one.
First, judges wear robes, sit on the high bench, demand to call them "Honorable" as part of their job title (even if they are clearly dishonorable, like Brenda Weaver), and, even though they give THEMSELVES the gift of immunity for MALICIOUS and CORRUPT acts, they also demand that their INTEGRITY is PRESUMED - and devise disciplinary rules for attorneys gagging attorneys from criticizing judges or even candidates for judicial offices - and that means blocking information to voters about judges from the most informed source on the subject of judicial misconduct, integrity and qualifications.
Second, judicial candidates usually do not come "from nowhere". They are usually sons and daughters, or friends, or spouses or partners, or significant others of other influential public officials.
Read biographies of our public officials, and especially of judges - you will most likely find a familial link to some high-ranking personnel.
And, any reasonable person knows that running for a judicial position in elections costs A LOT of money - even comedians picked that up.
So, it was not by chance that Brenda Weaver was "suddenly appointed" to the position of a Superior Court Judge in 1996, and then promoted to the position of the Chief Judge of the Appalachian Circuit, the Chairwoman of the Judicial Qualifications Commission (from which position she did not immediately resign even when she was exposed for her corrupt bribery scheme and illegal prosecution of a journalist and an attorney, and when complaints were filed to that same Commission to impose discipline on her for that).
Because Brenda Weaver's initial appointment, quick and high promotion and blatantly arrogant behavior speaks of entitlement, I started to look, who in Brenda Weaver's pedigree could propel her to judgeship, promote her and keep her afloat no matter what crimes she would commit.
But, as a first question - who promoted her appointment to the Superior Court judgeship? Who was that kind person who saddled the people of the Appalachian Judicial Circuit with this ... good woman?
And, believe it or not, I found that person.
That was the father of her former boyfriend David Ralston (now the Speaker of the Georgia Legislature), the now-deceased David Willard Ralston, the former Court Clerk of Gilmer County Court from 1969 to 1996.
David Willard Ralston was - SUPRISE! - also A WEAVER!!!
According to the Speaker's father's obituary:
Speaker David Ralston's grandmother's name was, according to the obituary, Donzie WEAVER Ralston.
According to my information from local sources, Brenda Weaver, before her marriage to George Weaver, dated David Ralston.
She then, apparently, chose for marriage another member of the family, but, you know, blood is thicker than water and once sweethearts - always sweethearts, right?
Or, it may be my bad, and it is a mere coincidence that Brenda Weaver - and David Ralston, grandson of Donzie Weaver, ended up in high-ranking public jobs and are helping each other.
Brenda Weaver, as a judge, has a say in regulating David Ralston's law license and may be the reason why he was not disbarred when he was subjected recently to a disciplinary prosecution.
David Ralston, not to be outdone, has a say in appointment of members to the Judicial Qualifications Commission which controls whether Brenda Weaver will keep her sorry corrupt butt on her lucrative judicial seat or not.
It is a big happy family, right?
Well, according to my information, David Ralston's father, the clerk of the court, was a close friend to the Governor Zell Miller at the time of Brenda Weaver's nomination.
And, coincidentally, at about the same time as Brenda Weaver was appointed by the Georgia State Governor Zell Miller for the position of a Superior Court Judge in 1996, Speaker Ralston's late father David Willard Ralston resigned/"retired" from his position as Gilmer County Court Clerk - also in 1996.
Actually, some people indicate that the coincidence was not, as they call it, "incidental".
And that, in fact, nomination of Brenda Weaver in 1996 by Governor Zell Miller to the position of a Superior Court Judge is reportedly the result of a backroom family agreement and resolution of a very private family feud between the fathers of Speaker Ralston and of Brenda Weaver's husband George Weaver.
According to some people, the deal between the fathers was that:
- David Willard Ralston resigns from the position of the Gilmer County Court Clerk - I do not know what kind of dirt the Weaver father had on him to force that;
- the litigation or threatened litigation about property between the families (or, rather, within the family) is dropped; and
- David Willard Ralston uses his connections to have Brenda Weaver appointed as a Superior Court Judge.
I do not know whether Brenda Weaver consciously participated in the corrupt scheme, or just accepted the benefit given to her by the two relatives of her husband - the father of her former boyfriend and the father of her present husband.
I would tend to disbelieve that Brenda Weaver would NOT know about such deals though. It was a family affair, after all.
And, having learnt from the very best at the very early steps of her judicial career, what is what in judicial appointments and nominations, Judge Brenda Weaver continued to "serve" the same way she was reportedly appointed - corruptly.
Only over the time of Mark Thomason and Russell Stookey's ordeal, Brenda Weaver corrupted:
- public officials in three counties regularly sending her bribes, for years;
- a District Attorney;
- the Chairman of the new-and-improved Judicial Qualifications Commission who Weaver hired to represent her in the related FBI investigation;
- Commission members who, despite OBVIOUS evidence of a criminal scheme to bribe a judge and quash those who revealed improper financial transactions of the judge, decided that that evidence is worth nothing and that the good sitting judge is the victim of a vendetta, based on personal dislike, by two people - an attorney who allegedly is intentionally spreading false claims about the judge, and a "so-called journalist";
- attorney Mary Beth Priest - with $17,000 out of her bribery account and by a judicial nomination, TOGETHER with the $17,000, right then and there, during the court proceedings during which Mary Beth Priest WAS paid off by Brenda Weaver;
- judge Joseph Worcester who was appointed on the same day as Mary Beth Priest - and, in return for the kind nomination by Weaver, "served" as a judge who signed the illegal arrest warrant of Thomason and Stookey AND as a witness for the prosecution;
- The judge who handled the secret arraignment of Thomason and Stookey in jail and, knowing that proceedings against Thomason and Stookey were illegal, coerced people who were not given proper food, clothes, sleeping arrangements, into a "choice" - sign pre-trial "bond conditions", agreeing to warrantless searches and drug pee tests and an order of protection blocking them from further investigating public corruption, or continue to stay in jail where they will be further denied food, water, clean underwear - or any underwear for that matter, or medical attention, and where they will be CRIPPLED sleeping in freezing cells upon metal benches without mattresses, pillows, blankets, any bed sheets, or on a cement floor, in the company of convicted criminals.
- he was present in court, as an attorney of record for a party, at he time the slurs was mentioned;
- he HIMSELF made statements, according to witnesses, objecting to the slur;
- he HIMSELF then gave the African American witness legal advice to sue the county -
Post a Comment