I wrote on this blog about criminal defense attorney Marcus Mumford who was tasered by U.S. Marshalls for opposing an illegal seizure of his client after he was acquitted by the jury.
I also wrote about criminal charges later trumped up by the U.S. Attorney's office against attorney Mumford based on his doing his duty for his client, obviously in retaliation for his victory in the trial.
Criminal charges were later dumped, but attorney Mumford is now under assault from another direction - a federal judge seeks to revoke attorney Mumford's pro hac vice (for this case only) admission in Oregon federal courts, and to turn him into licensing authorities - specifically for doing his job for his client, and for being tasered for that, and for "talking back" to the judge and for doing what he was supposed to do in a criminal trial - defend his client.
Here is the order:
Attorney Mumford is accused of insubordination when he is arguing his client's constitutional rights, a "character flaw" considered the worst in civil rights and criminal defense attorneys.
- Judge Jeffrey Weill in Mississipi,
- Judge Conrad Hafen in Nevada,
- Judge John Baily Jr in D.C., and
- Judge Christopher Dupuy in California, and Judge Conrad Hafen even had a public defender handcuffed for "insubordination".
Out of these 4 judges, only Judge Christopher Dupuy was criminally charged.
Attorney Mumford was not only handcuffed, but also tasered. Since he still proceeds doing criminal defense for his clients, the only way to eliminate him is to take his license.
And taking his license may start from small things.
Like removing his pro hac vice admission and turning him into licensing authorities, because when a judge does it, it is just like an order to "get" that particular attorney.
And here is the author of the order, The Chief Judge Michael W. Mosman, of the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, a Neil Gorsuch look-alike, compare:
Mosman is on the left and Gorsuch is on the right.
Look totally like brothers.
Judge Michael W. Mosman also appears to be an arrogant son of a bitch with a huge sense of entitlement, and it is apparent where that sense of entitlement comes from.
- because of the judge's pedigree - he is a son of a judge, and children of judges are, as is well-known, allowed to do anything with impunity;
- a former U.S. Supreme Court justice's court clerk (clerked for Justice Powell) - where he would hardly have been accepted as a law clerk without his pedigree, being a son of a judge, and judge Mosman is
- a former career federal prosecutor who worked in the same U.S. Attorney's office which now appears in front of him.
Post a Comment