The "ha-ha-ha" was complete with sushi - which Judge Northrup helped himself to, balloons and pictures of laughing Sharon O'Dell next to the laughing Delaware County Sheriff Thomas Mills, featured in prison garb, behind bars and against the word "LOCKDOWN" painted in blocks on the brick wall behind them.
Sending a message to all the public that Sharon O'Dell is above the law and that Sheriff Thomas Mills - who was charged with criminally investigating Sharon O'Dell - will never do anything against her, being such a good buddy of hers, and that the court system, all fed sushi and entertained with balloons and food, will never do anything to her too, being the great buddies of hers that they are.
In December of 2016, the Delaware County Sheriff's Department suddenly started a "Random Acts of Kindness program", soliciting donations and distributing gifts and gift cards to, as Delaware County Undersheriff Craig Dumond claimed, "unsuspecting" residents of Delaware County - I filed a FOIL request for the list of the lucky recipients of gifts and gift cards from Delaware County Sheriff's Department.
But, since, having lived in Delaware County for a long time and having worked against its government as a civil rights, criminal defense and Family Court attorney, and knowing that all Delaware County officials know is corruption - I smelled the rat in their "random acts of kindness" - and the rat did not linger in making its appearance.
Apparently, not only I filed a complaint against a Delaware County public official - County Clerk Sharon O'Dell.
The New York State police also lodged a complaint against the former Delaware County Commissioner William Moon (who quickly resigned recently amid claims of self-dealing, rigging of public contracts and misconduct).
First, in 2012, Richard Spinney, the alcoholic, misogynist and potty-mouth Delaware County Attorney and a bosom friend of William Moon and assistant county attorney-turned-Family Court Judge Carl F. Becker retired with an "honor plaque" for "services".
The one on the left is Spinney, the one on the right, giving out the "honorary plaque", is James Eisel, the longtime Chairman of the Delaware County Board of Supervisors, see Eisel (center) being sworn in in January of 2014 by O'Dell (right), with the help of Delaware County Board of Supervisors' Clerk Christa Schafer (left), the staller of FOIL requests - out of the three, only Schafer currently remains in her position:
Then, at the end of 2014 Delaware County Commissioner of Social Services William Moon resigned - at the time New York State Comptroller was investigating the Department of Social Services for the use of County cars like it was their own, and giving out no-bid contracts for millions of dollars.
Then, just at about the time when the Comptroller was to release his report, Moon's and Spinney's bosom friend, the former Delaware County Department of Social Services attorney, and then Delaware Family Court Judge fixing Delaware County DSS cases Carl F. Becker
announced he will "retire" - and "retired" at the end of July of 2015, after just having been elected in 2012 (by fraud upon voters) for a coveted 2nd 10-year term, then Becker quickly put his house up for sale and, reportedly, disappeared from Delaware County.
At the end of October, 2016, Delaware County Clerk Sharon O'Dell abruptly "retired" less than 3 weeks before the election and while not announcing her retirement in advance, so that somebody could run for her elected position in 2016 elections - and "retired" right after my criminal complaint against her was filed and a request to impeach her and take her off her position.
In December of 2016, Delaware County Sheriff Thomas Mills, the one that is supposedly investigating Sharon O'Dell, suddenly engaged in "Random Acts of Kindness" giving gifts and gift cards to undisclosed "unsuspecting" recipients in Delaware County on a massive scale - considering the alleged list of donors at the very least:
When the police is given gifts of money by businesses, and when the police then gives out gifts to individuals, under any pretexts - which is what is happening, combined with giving away, by the Delaware County Sheriff's Department, of gifts and gift cards allegedly bought with those "donations" from businesses, to an undisclosed list of recipients, raises the following issues:
- Did businesses give to the police voluntarily or was the publishing of the list of "donors" just a front to avoid accusations of racket-for-protection by the Delaware County Sheriff's Department - at the time when the Sheriff's Department is supposed to investigate the same public official (William Moon) who the FBI is also investigating, and the Sheriff's Department is not sure whether the assignment for them to investigate is just a litmus test of how corrupt they are - as if there is any doubt about that...
- Especially that many, if not "donating" businesses on the list deal with cash, what kind of violations, if any, Delaware County Sheriff's Department may have promised not to prosecute in exchange for donations? I am not saying that DID happen, but what I am saying is that there is an APPEARANCE, when the police collects money from businesses, that the police then owes those businesses favors - and that smacks of corruption, which is unacceptable.
- Who are the people who received gifts from the Delaware County Sheriff's Department? What was bought by the Sheriff's Department with those gifts? Past and future silence from witnesses of misconduct of public officials in Delaware County? A strong appearance of that exists when the police rides around distributing gifts and gift cards, at the time an FBI investigation is looming over the County.
Here is a tentative timeline of what was occurring in Delaware (and Otsego) Counties from September to December of 2016:
- In September of 2016, a much more informed Otsego County (because of its connections to the top of New York State Judiciary through its County Attorney Ellen Coccoma, wife of Chief Administrative Judge of Upstate New York Michael Coccoma), hedged against accusations of improprieties by striking an agreement with Onondaga County that I obtained though a FOIL request
- On November 10, 2016, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York (judges Brenda Sannes, whose nomination was first voted down and then forced through by the "cloture" procedure/David Peebles, a known corruptionist and hater of civil rights plaintiffs whose reappointment to the position of magistrate was never reconfirmed after his term expired in May of 2016) denied an indigent inmate suing Delaware County for two unlawful (and dismissed) prosecutions, the indigent status, requiring him to pay the $400.00 filing fee - and thus, making it impossible for him to proceed and putting his lawsuit against the Delaware County beyond the statute of limitations, judging by the contents of the complaint;
- On December 12, 2016, the Delaware County's insurance company has settled, for an undisclosed amount and at Delaware County taxpayers' expense, the use of force lawsuit against the former (and illegally hired, without meeting educational, civil service, residency or certification requirements) Deputy Sheriff Derek Bowie, nephew of Delaware County DA's investigator (who for years worked for Moon) Jeff Bowie - without bringing criminal charges against him for assault against two look-alike women, naturally, because his uncle worked for the Delaware County DA Richard Northrup (who is now Judge Richard Northrup, in gray suit and glasses, shown helping himself to food/sushi supplied to him by a subject of pending criminal felony investigation who may appear in front of him as a defendant in a felony proceeding - showing others the way to buy their way out of criminal prosecution)
- At about the same time, two scathing articles by local media exposing improprieties in conduct of Delaware County Department of Social Services (Moon), Delaware County District Attorney's Office (Northrup and Jeff Bowie) and their improper connections were erased from the Internet (I have preserved them on file);
- On December 14, 2016, Richard Spinney's successor, and Becker's and Moon's friend and confidant Delaware County Attorney Porter Kirkwood suddenly resigned from his $127,917 a year position claiming that, after he has lost his bid for Delaware County Family Court judge - in which losing, I am proud to say, I helped Porter Kirkwood a lot with my blogs (just run his name in the word-search window on this blog to see all my blog articles about him that "helped" him not to be elected) - claiming that he is resigning from a complete sinecure paying $127,917 for doing nothing because ostensibly the Unified Court System of the State of New York for the Southern Tier offered him more;
- on December 20, 2016, a criminal complaint was filed for investigation of the Delaware County Sheriff by the New York State Police against the former Delaware County Department of Social Services Commissioner (and friend of the previously "retired" or resigned Spinney, Becker, Kirkwood and Eisel) - which triggered the Delaware County Sheriff's Department, on December 23, 2016, to announce its "Random Acts of Kindness" campaign - taking what appears to be massive bribes from a list of businesses in Delaware County and redistributing them to potential witnesses who could testify against Spinney, Becker, Kirkwood, Eisel, O'Dell - and the corruptioners from the Sheriff's Department;
- on December 21, 2016, a day after criminal charges were filed with the Delaware County Sheriff's Department by the New York State Police against the former Delaware County Commissioner William Moon, his friend the long-time Chairman of the Delaware County Board of Supervisors James Eisel - the one who gave the "honorary plaque" to Delaware County Attorney Richard Spinney in 2012 on his quick retirement and who has given out millions of dollars worth of contracts for public money without public bidding - has reportedly also resigned.
1) articles about misconduct of Delaware County public officials who are subjects of criminal state and FBI investigation are getting scrubbed off the Internet;
2) three lawsuits against Delaware County, or its officials are, in quick succession, either:
- unlawfully dismissed - like Barbara O'Sullivan's lawsuit was;
- quickly settled, right before the jury trial, and after depositions exposing corruption in Delaware County that hired police officers with a history of violence despite their failure to satisfy residency, education, training and certification requirements, simply because they are relatives of longtime officials of Delaware County - as Kylie Smith's lawsuit was; or
- filibustered - as Edward Sherman's lawsuit was -
3) the Sheriff's office that is supposed to investigate the culprits, instead runs a huge money solicitation and giveaway campaign masquerading it as acts of "random kindness", but what can very well be collecting bribes in return for non-prosecution for some violations of the law from one side and giving that money to witnesses against Delaware County officials in return for their silence or perjury on the other side; and
4) the Delaware County experiences a tremendous sudden turnover of its public officials - and all of that is happening at once.
- TWO County Attorneys - one (Spinney) "retired" in 2012 during investigation by the State Comptroller and the other (Kirkwood) resigned in 2016, in anticipation of a criminal prosecution of his former boss William Moon;
- One Commissioner of Social Services - Moon, in 2014, during investigation of his misconduct;
- One Family and County judge - friend of Spinney, Moon, Kirkwood, Eisel and O'Dell, in 2015, during investigation by New York State Comptroller (and, as my sources tell me, the FBI that has been working on Delaware County and its Department of Social Services for years, and continues to work now);
- One County Clerk (O'Dell) - in October of 2016, right after a criminal complaint was filed against her;
- One Chairman of the Board of Supervisors, from his super-lucrative position from which people are only "retire" into the grave, feet first - in 2016, right after a criminal complaint against his friend Moon was filed.
Through "Random Acts of Kindness".
But, Delaware County residents - and taxpayers - have a right to know and to, finally, demand that this circus of corruption should stop and that those involved should finally get their due accountability, and are rooted out.
That would be an act of kindness for Delaware County taxpayers - a long overdue one - to make this picture from mockery of justice a reality,
and to add to it these individuals: