- runs a mediation company, CADRE, member of American Bar Association:
- works as a Distinguished Adjunct Constitutional Law Professor at Touro Law Center - without any mentioning to his unsuspecting female students of his criminal charges for stalking, intimidation, extortion from a woman, his repeated sending of extremely filthy, obscene material to a minor and his threat to kidnap a minor unless he is paid $20,000 - that what he was arrested, charged and spent 15 months in federal prison for;
- makes public videotaped presentations (available on YouTube) about "the rule of law":
- about "Open minds under siege" where Richard D. Heffner, a "Dowling Professor of Communications and Public Policy" of Rutgers University was shamelessly promoting Sol Wachtler and calling him "Judge" as head of a seminar in Germany (after his conviction and release from prison) about complicity of legal profession in Germany with the Hitler regime - after Wachtler, as New York Chief Judge, relied on complicity of the American legal profession in never arresting and charging him for crimes (which he described in his book "After the Madness"), and after the only thing that protected his victims was being friends with the then-presidential couple - George and Barbara Bushes;
- and about "Freedom of Choice at the End of Life" - teaching about ethics and bioethics, of all things, after having being convicted of most unethical conduct;
- delivers lectures to Albany Law School students, being introduced by the then-Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman as the "Honorable" former Chief Judge of the New York State Court of Appeals - without any mention of his criminal conviction or disbarment:
- shamelessly sits on "panels" with judges who were not convicted of crimes of extortion with threats of kidnapping of a minor, talking to the public and law students, of all things, about the role of religion in the life of judges and lawyers working for the government - that was in May of 2012;
- was invited to speak to Siena College students about "Mental illness and incarceration";
- and who shamelessly allows himself to be called "Honorable" and who calls himself "Honorable" in his addresses and law review articles;
- a criminal conviction,
- resignation as the Chief Judge of the State of New York and
- disbarment back to
"Motion by the respondent, Sol Wachtler, for an order reinstating him as an attorney and counselor-at-law or, in the alternative, referring this matter to the Committee on Character and Fitness for a hearing and report. The respondent was admitted to the Bar at a term of the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court in the Second Judicial Department on April 4, 1956, under the name Solomon Wachtler. By opinion and order of this court dated August 2, 1993, the respondent was disbarred upon his submission of a resignation, dated July 20, 1993, which followed his plea of guilty in the United States District Court in Trenton, New Jersey, on March 31, 1993, to a violation of 18 USC § 875(c), a Federal felony. The respondent's first application for reinstatement was denied by decision and order on application of this court dated April 14, 2003. By decision and order on motion of this court dated February 6, 2007, the respondent's motion was granted to the extent that the matter was referred to the Committee on Character and Fitness to investigate and report on the respondent 's current fitness to be an attorney, including but not limited to an updated report from his treating physician, and the motion was otherwise held in abeyance in the interim.
Upon the report of the Committee on Character and Fitness and the exhibits annexed thereto, it is
ORDERED that the motion is granted; and it is further,
ORDERED that, effective immediately, the respondent, Sol Wachtler, admitted as Solomon Wachtler, is reinstated as an attorney and counselor-at-law and the Clerk of the Court is directed to restore the name of Sol Wachtler, admitted as Solomon Wachtler, to the roll of attorneys and counselors-at-law.
PRUDENTI, P.J., MILLER, SCHMIDT, CRANE and RITTER, JJ., concur.
James Edward Pelzer
Clerk of the Court
So, Wachtler, a convicted felon, a stalker, a peeping Tom, extortioner, impersonator of other people, a forger of signatures of other people, and an attempted child kidnapper, was reinstated as an attorney "upon the report of the Committee for Character and fitness, and the exhibits attached thereto".
This is the woman, A. Gail Prudenti, who reinstated, without publicly stating the reasons, the convicted felon, stalker and abuser of women Sol Wachtler:
I wonder whether she reinstated Sol Wachtler upon the report of the Committee for Character and Fitness and "exhibits thereto", or upon a phone call from someone to whom "New York elite can't say no".
I wonder how Prudenti explained, in good faith and with a straight face, that she is reinstating a monster who systematically used his enormous power to emotionally torture a woman and claim to people around her that her guess that he is the perpetrator of threats, impersonations, stalking and extortion against her is New York Chief Judge Wachtler.
Had Wachtler had his way, he would have locked his girlfriend up as crazy instead of ending up convicted for a crime.
Only the Bush family friendship saved Joy Silverman from that fate.
Wachtler already made claims that Joy Silverman is crazy to her attorney.
For whatever corrupt reason New York elite could not say "no" to reinstatement of Sol Wachtler, evidence against him remains the same damning evidence, knowing which people should not give him a hand to shake - and should protect women and children from his presence.
Touro Law Center is really courting danger by not disclosing on its website the nature of Sol Wachtler's conviction - and thus exposing its students to an exceptionally smart, creative, knowledgeable and merciless stalker and harasser of women.
And, whenever students and members of the public are exposed to this refined and cultured "luminary" with melodical voice, a ready smile and smooth speech, it is good to remember that this is how he described himself to the woman he stalked, to whose child he has sent obscenities - and a condom - and whose child he threatened to kidnap: