That's why I accepted her message on Messenger (a procedure for messages from people who are not the addressee's Facebook friends). It was a goldmine of information.
Appears that her husband or his superior worked with Mrs. Sharon Reichert-Morgan overnight and showed her the error of her ways.
Not quite though, since she has sent me a half-naked picture of herself, looking suggestively, with a request to publish it.
Mrs. Sharon Reichert-Morgan also disclosed to me that she has 3 additional jobs to the County job for the total of 5 (Mrs. Sharon Reichert-Morgan's math, not mine) - which is a good material for a FOIL request to the County for time sheets.
I've also learnt that Mrs. Sharon Reichert-Morgan has a problem with either grammar or truth or her husband.
She claimed that she has to work (present tense) those multiple jobs, because she was (past tense) raising her two children alone, and now she is raising also her stepson.
Mrs. Reichert-Morgan is suggesting, I understand, that despite her marriage, she is the main breadwinner in the family providing for her children.
Which does not mesh very well with Mrs. Reichert-Morgan's statements that she is waiting at home with children for the return of her husband VOLUNTEER firefighter.
Either Mrs. Reichert-Morgan's "additional 3 jobs for a total of 5" are all from home, or her "independent thinking" is fuzzy not only on math.
And, if Mrs. Reichert-Morgan has to work 5 jobs to keep the family afloat, what is her husband doing volunteering instead of working to earn a living so that his wife does not have to work 5 jobs?
Doesn't he have a construction company to run (that's what my sources say)?
So, doesn't he have an incentive to let a certain house burn - so, maybe, he would get a contract to re-build it?
A volunteer firefighter owning a construction company with financial problems in the family. Nice.
And, according to at least one source, Josh Morgan the firefighter has been seen driving around without the tech inspection sticker required in New York to drive a vehicle.
I guess, Josh Morgan is allowed to do that because of his status as a "volunteer firefighter", and his wife's status as the employee of the local department of social services.
That's why he volunteers - to get the special status that allows him to break the law?
There were some other comments, attempting to defame the victims of the house fire, diagnose me as crazy, silly, nuts, etc., and suggesting that I need to go re-learn the law.
A lot of comments were made by a Colleen Church who admitted she was not at the site of the house fire, but allegedly listened to the scanner left at home because her boyfriend is a firefighter.
Here is that last comment with a disclosure about a firefighter boyfriend, scanner and more rumors about the victims' entire large family now ("how the Bracci's operate" - the victim has 7 brothers and sisters, with a lot of nephews, many living in the area, as far as I know, now they are all being bad and smeared by Colleen Church).
My two answers to that comment:
The today's latest statement of Colleen Church posted above (see all comments to that blog here) was interesting from several points:
1) Colleen Church admitted she was not an eyewitness to the house fire or the efforts (or lack thereof) of the Delhi Fire Department to extinguish that fire, and her reports are pure hearsay;
2) Colleen Church most likely lies about listening to the scanner, because, if the scanner is her nameless firefighter boyfriend's scanner, and it was at home, that means her boyfriend was at home, too, and that means that he did not participate in extinguishing that fire - which also says a lot? Why not? Why didn't he go there? And, if he didn't go there, he, most likely didn't listen to the scanner, and neither did Colleen Church, because she had no interest listening to the scanner in the middle of the night while her firefighter boyfriend was not going to the scene;
3) Colleen Church goes out on a limb now smearing not just Barbara and not just her daughter, and not just me and my husband who has nothing to do with the house fire or my reporting of the house fire, but she now attempts to smear the entire Bracci family - a very large clan of siblings and their offspring, many of them residing in the area, many of them occupying prominent positions in the local government (for example, Barbara's brother Peter Bracci was a recent Town Supervisor of the Town of Delhi and a supervisor of the Social Services in the entire Delaware County) and/or businesses.
4) Colleen Church loses her argument because she says she is not going to post any more - but pretends to be brave at losing her argument and throws a challenge at me "to confront her in public, face to face". I do not know what Colleen Church is expecting from confronting her "face to face", and she knows I am far away and will not come 800+ miles to "confront her in public" - how - by fistfights?
As to public DEBATES, if that is what Colleen Church meant, I invited people to such public, videotaped and live-streamed debates yesterday, before her "brave" parting challenge of today.
Which brings me to another question - can Colleen Church read?
Colleen Church is also an author of this message on Google+ made yesterday:
Of course, as the author of this blog, I reserve the right to comment on messages voluntarily sent to me the way I see fit.
As to the claims I am crazy, that's not the first time such claims are made.
I am proud to disclose that at my very first appearance in court (that was a criminal court, and I was arguing an Omnibus motion) when I raised the issue of obvious police and prosecutorial misconduct revealed in the record, the local DA (it was close to the Canadian border) popped up, all red, and claimed that "she (I) is as crazy as her husband".
That was my very first court appearance, and I perceived that spit-out as a badge of honor, where my performance was equated with that of a pre-eminent and skillful trial criminal defense lawyer whose trials gathered local attorneys as master classes.
My husband later won an acquittal in that case on the main count of the indictment, leaving the scene of a fatal accident.
And the crazy person, me, then won freedom for her client in the same case by my argument at sentencing on the remaining count of lying to the grand jury, where that particular DA argued for jail time in front of a crowd of TV and mainstream journalists in a highly publicized case.
I guess, all individuals who have ever done criminal defense, civil rights litigation - and especially divorces (Sharon Riechert-Morgan was especially bitter as to my husband doing some divorce cases in the future suggesting some personal animosity against my husband driving her, too) - are crazy and must check their heads out.
I also got comments - you can see them all on Google+ and blog articles relating to the house fire story - that I am "dumb", "silly", "crazy", "nuts". Just to amplify the suggestion that I need to be diagnosed.
Having been born and raised in the Soviet Union, I am not at all surprised by this tactic - if you are criticizing actions of the government, you must absolutely be crazy.
Apparently, the tactic is alive and well on the American soil.
Now Colleen Church, as a mental health expert and a law expert advises me to (1) go get my "head checked" and (2) go relearn the law.
My diligent research of appropriate databases failed to reveal any public information indicating that Colleen Church is either a licensed mental health provider, or a lawyer.
It is just a gratuitous spit-out of a firefighter's girlfriend.
Moreover, what does my reporting of a house fire have to do with the law, and why I need to re-learn it because I reported a story about a house fire, I do not know, but I assure both my kind and unkind readers that I am re-learning the law every day - as any legal scholar should.
To sum up my overnight crop of comments, I am satisfied with the results.
The posted comments show that the blog is being read by the Delhi Fire Department employees (as well as their family members), and that DFD is now backtracking and trying to keep the runaway mouths of Sharon Reichert-Morgan and Colleen Church (which hurts their chances to backdate and fabricate incident reports) in check, at least in regards to facts about the fire that neither one of these women witnessed.
It is already too late, since both women let out valuable information that cannot be taken back.
The comments also show the caliber of individuals working for the local government at the town and County level in Delhi, New York, and Delaware County, New York.
What is quite illustrative is that:
- comments about a suspicious house fire and misconduct of public officials involved in extinguishing, investigating and reporting that house fire are not from eyewitnesses;
- if comments are from alleged eyewitnesses, those eyewitnesses do not dare to post under their own names and instead assume nicknames, like "Archer", or "LifeSaver", with profiles created that same day for the purpose of posting the comments,
- a commentator claiming she's got her information from her firefighter husband and then, in the middle of the night, recants and claims she is now an "independent thinker" (that would be news to many attorneys in the area - an employee of the Delaware County Social Services Department, an independent thinker), and that's how she learnt (by clairvoyance, I guess) about what has allegedly happened at the fire site she's never been to, and sends me her half-naked picture to support her idea of "independent thinking", and
- the comments are nothing more than a smear campaign as to the eyewitnesses, victims, victims' entire extended families, the reporter of the events and even the reporter's husband (a material difference here, because my husband did not extinguish the house fire in question and has nothing to do with this story, while the commentator's husband was on that site, according to her own admission) - that says a lot about the caliber of commentators.
It also says that I am on the right track in reporting this story.
Intimidation and smear campaigns are a sure sign that the story is true, and that there is more people are hiding and are trying hard to prevent from being discovered.
So, stay tuned for more coverage of the house fire and its non-investigation and non-reporting.