- schools that are closing for lack of children,
- maternity hospitals, even in a relatively large college towns, are closing;
- "scalings-down" of major "community projects"
- The school districts - when there are less children to teach;
- Social Services - where there are less families to supervise;
- Police and District Attorney's offices - where there are less people to commit crimes;
- the Court system - where there are less cases to be brought voluntarily by local residents, and by social services and the District Attorney?
- all the clans illegally employed by the County, the "hiring process" is described here, and
- the tumor on the budget of Delaware County, the Delaware Opportunities Inc. (and the like organizations fed out of the County's budget) where the local governmental officials that command the budget sit on the Board and where, reportedly, a ton of relatives and friends of county officials are employed.
In other words - while people are leaving the State of New York, and the rural counties, which is shown by business decisions to close schools, maternity hospitals and ditch the much-promoted swimming pool project, the "demographics" of the local government goes in reverse - it grows, salaries of officials grow, numbers of officials (judges, prosecutors) grow.
Because these people will not survive outside of the government, in an honest self-made business?
They need taxpayers as captive cash cows to subsidize them?
Watch out, Delaware County taxpayers, as well as Delhi Village and Town taxpayers, for any increases of levies or taxes.
The parasites in the local government need the money of the remaining captive cash cows, the taxpayers, to survive, thrive and feed their clans.
Say "no" to the growing local budgets.
They have no basis to ask for growth.
And - I will run a separate blog on the unfunded increase of the salaries of local County District Attorneys, as well as a separate blog about the alleged "budget savings" recently reported by the Delaware County Department of Social Services.