Part 5 - #TheCrimeToBeNamedMelania. Part 5. No immigrant farmer will own prime real estate in the middle of the business district of Oneonta, New York. A special kind of due diligence necessary before buying property in Oneonta, New York and Otsego County - can be read here.
In 1992 attorney Doris Sassower, a trailblazer, a former chairperson of the Westchester County Women's Bar Association, was suspended from the practice of law, indefinitely.
The suspension of Doris Sassower happened close after she announced - and The New York Times featured that announcement - that she will pursue, PRO BONO, an appeal to the New York State Court of Appeal a challenge to constitutionality of cross-endorsements (secret agreements to support candidates in elections) by political parties in New York of judicial candidates.
Her lawsuit also pursued violations of Elections Law by conventions nominating judges as to quorum, roll call and other requirements.
- without a petition;
- without a hearing; and
- without a court order listing the reasons for her suspension -
- analysis of the main jurisdictional defect of the petition that would require any minimally honest and competent judge to toss the petition after reading it for 5 minutes, with sanctions against the City of Oneonta and attorney David Merzig who filed it, and before
- analyzing all others, gross, judicial errors, that simply CANNOT be made by judges of minimal honesty and competence
- does not need even to set up a financial campaign support committee, or collect funds - as other judicial candidates have to do - to get elected,
- and is allowed to be re-elected, for a salary of $209,000, with no other votes than one, his own -