The attorney's "punishment was based on seven messages he posted online criticizing the government’s ethnic policies and certain government officials for incompetence", reports WSJ.
The article also describes changes in criminal law in China targeting criticism of the judiciary:
"The state has taken other steps to limit lawyers’ activities. Article 309 of the Criminal Law was amended earlier this year with vague language that makes punishable “insulting, defaming or threatening” a judicial officer, and “engaging in other acts that seriously disrupt the order of the court.”
But, China was outpaced in this new development of the law by New York retired judge Carl F. Becker and appellate judges of the 3rd Department and of the 4th Department.
The now-hastily-retired Carl F. Becker, as far back as in 2011, sanctioned me for "harassing the court" and "threats against the court" (himself). If you think that "threats against the court" were threats of physical violence, no, Becker perceived as a "threat" my warning to him that I may call him as a witness in the proceeding where he did make himself as a witness (based on documented evidence of his misconduct).
Becker should sue the Chinese government for plagiarism from his sanctions against me that was used to take my law license - Article 390 of the Criminal Law in China tracks what he said in his order of sanctions that were considered valid by:
1) 5 judges in the 3rd Department on appeal of the 1st sanction:
- Leslie Stein, now elevated to the NYS Court of appeals in exchange for an appellate decision favorable to the State of New York,
- Thomas Mercure, now retired
- Bernard Malone - now retired
- John Egan
- John Lahtinen
2) 5 judges in the 3rd Department on appeal of the 2nd sanction
- William McCarthy
- Karen Peters - Chief Judge of the court, and former member of the corrupt NYS Commission for Judicial Conduct who refused to allow multiple complaints against Becker to proceed, and participated in a complaint against herself and her own court
- Robert Rose
- Edward Spain - now retired
- John Egan
3) 5 judges in the 3rd Department on appeal of the 3rd sanction;
- Thomas Mercure - now retired
- Edward Spain - now retired
- Leslie Stein -elevated to NYS Court of Appeals
- William McCarthy
- Elizabeth Garry
All in all 10 judges of Appellate Division 3rd Department concurred with the Chinese government on the issue that an attorney criticizing judicial misconduct should be sanctioned.
The following federal judges participated in using Becker's Chinese criminal law in order to impose Chinese attorney discipline upon me:
4) U.S. District court for the Northern District of New York, former Chief Judge of that court Norman Mordue;
5) a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, with participating judges:
Debra Ann Livingston
and, finally, the following 4-judge panel finalized Becker's Chinese sanctions by pulling my law license based on those sanctions - without giving me a hearing that it initially ordered (because I asked it to be public):
6) a 4-judge panel of NYS Appellate Division 4th Department, with participating judges
- Eugene Fahey - made an interim decision denying my constitutional cross-motion and was then elevated to the NYS Court of Apeals, the State of New York attempted to criminally prosecute me for my blogs discussing misconduct of the 4th Department, including Fahey
- Nancy Smith
- Edward Carni
- Joseph Valentino
- Brian DeJoseph
7) two Chief Judges of appellate courts:
- Karen Peters, Chief Judge of the 3rd Department and
- Henry Scudder - Chief Judge of the 4th Department, now retired and a "certified" associate judge of the same court (I cannot call any of the appellate judges "justices", since what they do has nothing to do with justice)
agreed to transfer the disciplinary case from the 3rd Department to the 4th Department based on an illegal ex parte application of the disciplinary committee that was never served upon me and that was withheld by the 3rd Department from the 4th Department and from me (until this day).
21 judges all-in-all handled imposition of "Chinese" sanctions on me, for criticism and "threats" against a judge - threats were criticism.
During all that ordeal, I appealed to various mainstream media sources within the U.S. who refused to cover my story.
I then started a blog to cover my own story.
I was then prosecuted for a crime of criticizing the 4th Department and its attorney disciplinary committee, harassed for several months with criminal proceedings, pushed out of the State of New York, and then charges were dropped, but were efficient to intimidate me enough not to come to the final hearing - which was held against me.
I will not call these individuals - or any other judge in the U.S. - "honorable". Not until the "honorables" refuse to give themselves permission to violate with impunity their oath of office (immunity for malicious and corrupt acts on the bench).
In all of above decisions (I interlinked them) all TWENTY ONE judges who imposed political sanctions upon me (the same sanctions as WSJ ardently condemns when applied by the Chinese government to a Chinese lawyer) cowardly refused to state that sanctions were imposed for raising constitutional arguments in motions to recuse.
You, my readers, paid, through your nose, I must say, for TWENTY ONE judge to consider and impose sanctions that WSJ heralds as violations of human rights - when similar sanctions are imposed upon a Chinese lawyer by the Chinese government.
It does not take much bravery to cover something that happens outside of the borders of your country.
And - I proudly present, once again, the list of visionaries, all licensed attorneys, all "honorables", with their "character and fitness" approved by the government, who imposed "Chinese" sanctions upon me, with a suggestion to ship them to China, they will be of great help in enhancing Article 390 of the Chinese Criminal Law.
Such a gift to Chinese government of these 22 experts in how to quash critics of judicial misconduct will certainly save taxpayers a lot of money to support these visionaries (salaries and pensions of state judges are reported as stated on seethroughny.org):
- Carl F. Becker - reported salary in 2014 $170,484
- Leslie Stein - reported salary in 2014 $183,300
- Thomas Mercure - last reported salary for 2013 $173,489; annual pension since 2014 is $113,633
- Bernard Malone - reported rate of pay for 2012 $1,686, actually received $162,685; pension for 2015 is $33,380
- John Egan - reported salary in 2014 $183,300
- John Lahtinen - reported salary in 2014 $183,300, actually received $181,600
- William McCarthy - reported salary in 2014 $183,300, actually received $181,600
- Karen Peters - reported salary in 2014 $187,900
- Robert Rose - reported salary in 2014 $183,300
- Edward Spain - reported salary for 2013 $176,000, actually received $174,256
- Elizabeth Garry - reported salary in 2014 $183,300, actually received $181,600
- Norman Mordue - $174,000, actually Mordue receives $191,921, as an "inflation adjustment"
- Ralph Winter - $203,000, on top of his earnings from lecturing in Yale Law School
- Debra Ann Livingston - $203,000
- Denny Chin - $203,000
- Henry Scudder - reported salary in 2014 $187,900, actually received $186,153
- Eugene Fahey - reported salary in 2014 $183,300, actually received $181,600
- Nancy Smith - reported salary in 2014 $183,300, actually received $181,682
- Edward Carni - reported salary in 2014 $183,300, actually received $181,600
- Joseph Valentino - reported salary in 2014 $183,300, actually received $182, 092
- Brian DeJoseph - reported salary in 2014 $183,300, actually received $178,016
Think of savings to the U.S. economy through such expert-sharing!
Maybe, China will forgive the U.S. a couple of loans if the U.S. shares with China its experience in quashing "big-mouth" civil rights attorneys?
Post a Comment