- former Delaware County Attorney Richard Spinney of many years;
- former Delaware County Attorney Porter Kirkwood of many years;
- former Assistant Delaware County attorney of 27 years and a Delaware County Family, Surrogate, County and Supreme Court judge from 2002 to July 2015;
- former Delaware County Clerk Sharon O'Dell; and
- former Delaware County Chairman of Board of Supervisors James Eisel
Information on the public finance watchdog site See Through New York shows Rinehart's annual salary for 2016 to be $44,409 - over than $5,000 more that Eisel is quoting.
It is obviously high time to dig up and clean up the nest of corruption in Delaware County, and to verify how jobs in Delaware County, and in its townships and villages - the County that does not have an anti-nepotism (hiring relatives of public officials) or anti-cronyism (hiring friends) policy - were being handed out and maintained, for years, at taxpayers' expense.
It is time to show the local public officials that they do not OWN the area - that they are public SERVANTS, and, if they want to claim they SERVE the public, they should do that properly, and honestly, and if they don't - they should be charged and convicted for their crimes, all of their crimes, not just the amounts that they agreed to disclose - like Moon's $5,900, out of millions of dollars that Moon helped give out to his friends and to his own pet non-profit, without public bidding.
I am filing various access-to-records requests with appropriate public agencies about this case, and will publish responses.
I will continue to monitor this case, and will see and report whether Rinehart and/or Eisel will be properly investigated and prosecuted, and whether Luis Ortiz, Gabby Leach and Nora LiSanti, who spoke up against Rinehart at Town Board meetings, will suffer any retaliation by the local government for doing the right thing.