- the Democratic candidate for Presidential Office Hillary Clinton,
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and
- the New York State for Children and Family Services -
- Hillary Clinton protected by public officials as high as President Obama and the sudden support of his wife Michele Obama, by
- refusal of FBI Director James Comey to do his job and turn Hillary Clinton's case into the grand jury proceedings, by
- Loretta Lynch's Office refusal to prosecute Hillary Clinton after her peculiar airport meeting with Bill Clinton (while Loretta Lynch was a law partner in a law firm representing the Clintons) and instead giving immunity to lawyers and employees of Hillary Clinton who destroyed evidence despite court orders,
- by the cowardly reaction of attorney state disciplinary authorities "waiting" for federal authorities to pursue either Hillary Clinton or her attorneys who shredded evidence sought in court in defiance of court orders - before taking any actions of their own.
- Cuomo and his connections was investigated for his sacking of the Public Ethics ("Moreland") Commission after it turned its focus on Andrew Cuomo and his cronies,
- when U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara raised the temperature of criminal corruption prosecutions by prosecuting and convicting the leaders of New York Legislature, Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and the Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos, and when
- Preet Bharara has now arrested some employees and lobbyists close to Cuomo himself,
There is a U.S. Statute, 18 U.S.C. 3332(a) that provides:
But, since there is a long statute of limitations for federal felonies, Hillary Clinton and her Shredgate helpers may remain on the hook for criminal prosecutions for a long time, even if she is elected President of the United States.
It is unfortunate that we have a choice between a presidential candidate of questionable fitness such as Trump and a candidate of unquestionable unfitness such as Hillary Clinton.
Yet, where there is a reasonable belief that a person has committed a crime, and especially a crime against national security, the person and his accomplices must be prosecuted as a criminal, no matter the rank, if this country has any hope of being respected by its own citizens and in the international community alike, as a country governed by the rule of law.