He was not.
He was only asked by Judge Lambert to leave the room where Barbara O'Sullivan's defense attorney's motion to withdraw was argued, but he was not asked to leave the case.
And that is a shame.
As I said before, Richard Northrup was disqualified from prosecuting Barbara O'Sullivan because the complaining witness is a nephew of Richard Northrup longtime employee Jeff Bowie, and because that same nephew, Derek Bowie, committed a crime against Barbara O'Sullivan 2 weeks earlier than he fabricated criminal charges against her, and Richard Northrup refuses to prosecute Derek Bowie both for the vehicular assault and for fabrication of criminal charges (because that charge will obviously include Richard Northrup as a co-conspirator).
When Richard Northrup, under such circumstances, obtained an indictment not against Derek Bowie, but against Barbara O'Sullivan, that is corrupt behavior.
Richard Norhtrup is running for a judge now - unopposed, which means that he needs only one vote to be elected, and that vote is his own.
Because of Richard Northrup's corrupt behavior, Barbara O'Sullivan suffered the following injuries:
- the perpetrator of a vehicular assault upon her, police officer Derek Bowie, was not prosecuted;
- Barbara O'Sullivan was put in jail on false charges, in a jail that was run by the employer of Derek Bowie who, knowing that Derek Bowie committed a vehicular assault upon a resident of Delaware County, kept him on the job;
- the Sheriff's Department employing Derek Bowie, perpetrator of a crime against Barbara O'Sullivan blocked her counsel (me at that time) from visiting Barbara O'Sullivan and giving her legal advice unless I would allow search of my privileged attorney files, which I, of course, refused to do
- Barbara O'Sullivan had to pay over $7,000 so far in legal fees to her defense attorney Tyner (who withdrew from the case without making a motion to dismiss the indictment while knowing about disqualification of Richard Northrup) while she was prosecuted for a legally void indictment;
- Barbara O'Sullivan was an object of nasty articles in the press and harassment in the social media based on an orchestrated leak from the Sheriff's Department which did not appear as an official press release;
- the felony prosecution initiated by the disqualified police officer Derek Bowie and continued by the disqualified prosecutor Richard Northrup and his office, continues, so Barbara O'Sullivan must continue to be under the stress of possibly be locked up for 7 years for the crime she did not commit and that was fabricated by perpetrator of a crime against her, Derek Bowie, and Derek Bowie's uncle's employer Richard Northrup.
It is clearly a political case, especially when you consider that Derek Bowie was not prosecuted for a crime committed against Barbara O'Sullivan, for intentionally backing up his police vehicle into her while she was videotaping his misconduct on her property.
Richard Northrup had no authority to prosecute that crime because, on to of Derek Bowie's disqualification to file such charges, Richard Northrup was disqualified to prosecute such charges, because he employed Derek Bowie's uncle, for years.
When a prosecutor engaged in corrupt behavior, he is immune from civil lawsuits - but not from criminal liability.
Will Richard Northrup be prosecuted for his conduct in Barbara O'Sullivan's case? I highly doubt that.
If people do not act to stop it, corruption will continue and will be elevated from the prosecutorial position to the judicial bench when Richard Northrup elects himself, unopposed, to become a County judge in Delaware County, presiding over criminal cases while he was just caught in corrupt behavior in one of them.
Thus, the question remains, a rather rhetorical question - can a corrupt prosecutor make an honest and good judge?
And - is it because corrupt prosecutors already made it to the judicial seat, in droves, why prosecutors involved in wrongful convictions in this state are not prosecuted, and New York State Senate has to create a new commission (see Bill S24) to address prosecutorial misconduct through a separate public body.
This situation has to stop.
Petition the Governor to impeach and prosecute Richard Northrup, the Delaware County Attorney and a judicial candidate for the seat of the County Judge.
Because a corrupt prosecutor will not magically become a good and honest judge once he gets into a black robe and on that bench. He will get only worse - to your detriment.